Pasta with Sausage and Spinach
- 3 Italian sausage links, removed from casings
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup of fresh baby spinach, torn by hand (or a rustic chop)
- 1/4 cup room temperature water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Romano Pecorino cheese
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
1. Before starting, bring a large pot of water to a boil for your pasta. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs.
2. Remove casings from sausage, crumble by hand onto a dish. Set aside.
3. In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, let heat through. Add crumbled sausage. Cook sausage, crumbling it more with a wooden spoon, until it is cooked through. Turn heat down to a simmer. (at this point you should be close to an al dente cook to your pasta)
4. Add water, simmer until you see a yellowish hue to the sauce.
5. Add spinach, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add pasta to mixture; mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes, until pasta is tender, and sauce is absorbed. Toss with cheese, then top for presentation.